Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LA and beyond

Good news! I am now able to file this blog from anywhere I happen to be.

Thanks to the miracle of modern technology and the unceasing efforts of Shari Carlson, A.C.E.,( Acting Coach Extra-ordinary), and Joel Riggs, Techno-Maestro, I will be able to give my fans a regular report on the glamorous World of Film and a behind-the-scenes look at the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of the working actor.

Much has happened recently. I spent three days in L.A. checking out the town and attending Shari's class while there. The writers' strike is now potentially resolving, but S.A.G. may go on strike in July and the town was not wildly active at the time I was there.

I need to thank Damarra Reilly, working actor of many years experience in Hollywood, for all of her assistance and advice on how to approach living and pursuing my career there, as well as providing a place to stay for the duration of my visit. And thanks to Russell Watts for the company and the ride to and from L.A. And to Dan Belzer, musician and song-writer, for his hospitality and assistance getting around while there. One thing I know: no one succeeds in this business alone. I am most grateful for the people who have made this effort both possible and pleasurable, or at least as painless as possible.

Also, I should mention here that Shari Carlson Studio is presenting the first in a series of seminars on the "Compass", a tool for actors and creative individuals, on Friday, March 7th from 7to10pm, at her studio in San Francisco. If you missed the first seminar on the "Compass", this is your chance to get an introduction to a wonderful new technique for organizing, accessing, and enhancing your creative forces. See Shari's website for info on this and other up-coming events.

Stay tuned for further updates and insights into the secret life of the working actor.

Till then, keep the dream alive...

N

Visit my personal website at

www.nickscoggin.com

415.816.2823

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah Nick Scoggin. I want to be the first to sign up and be your fan. Fan Club, fan club. You are the best. go get all your movie roles and more. Love, Shari